Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Spending Hiatus -- Week Eight (!)



A few of the things I already own and love (dearly) -- from top: my beloved taika ittala dishes, a white dress I bought late last spring and can't wait to bust out this year, bryan's table and a groovy cement birdbath found by my genius friend achlee that I use as a centerpiece...

Well friends we have reached the end, crossed the finish line, we're done, finis.

Tomorrow is the official end of the Spending Hiatus (for me at least... some of you might be following a different schedule), and I'm feeling pretty darn good about the whole enterprise. I'm not sure I'm ready to bust out a full assessment of this year's hiatus, as I'm still processing, but I can say for sure that I'm glad I did it and would do it again. So there you have it for now...

I was good in this final week, making only one necessary purchase in the form of new yoga pants, as my old ones have a hole in the, well...rear region. Despite the fact that I'm not so much into the "exercising", I do go on a lot of neighborhood bike rides with the girlies (we have a hilly neighborhood, so bonus points, no?), and I wear yoga pants on these little jaunts. (I bike in my flip flops in case your wondering given the whole lack of tennis shoe situation -- I know, I know.)

I can't very well go riding around my neighborhood with my bum hanging out, right?

So the new yoga pants were a necessity. And the big accomplishment here friends was walking into the Gap for said yoga pants and walking out with nothing else. Just the yoga pants. No bag even...I jammed them in my purse. No fuss, no muss, giving me confidence that I'm not going to go completely off the wagon and embark on spend-fest 2010 come midnight tonight.

I feel ready (I think) to go out into the world of responsible, mindful shopping.

So how was this final (for some of you) week for you guys? Are you ready for this bad boy to be over?