Monday, September 21, 2009

Scenes from The Week-End and A Bluesy Monday


The girlies playing outside after days of rain...maybe it was the endless rain that kicked off my funk??

The weekend was lovely and busy and filled with all sorts of nice moments with friends old and new. The girlies had a splendid time at the museum on Friday, busy little bees, jumping from one activity to the next -- taking turns playing the violin, exploring the place, making crowns...

Actually, I'm not sure that the parents didn't have more fun making crowns than the kids... We were pretty into it, I'm just saying.




So after a perfectly lovely weekend, I found myself in a bit of a funk mid-day yesterday. Not sure why, but just feeling bluesy, un-inspired and maybe a smidge burned out. I'm doing a lot of little things right now, and (it feels like) nothing well. First there was all the wallpaper indecision, then yesterday afternoon I attempted to make a necklace, but it was a total bust... I abandoned mission and set to work on dinner instead only to turn out a perfectly average meal. Needless to say, I went to bed feeling rather blah. I was determined to start fresh today, but we all woke up late, I dropped my peanut butter english muffin face down on my newly dry-cleaned black skirt and I'm having a bad hair day.

The week is not off to a good start friends... What do you do to get out of a funk? I need my mojo back.