Friday, September 25, 2009

"You've Got to Be a Little Huggy With Yourself."



all images via the selby

Bryan and I managed to eke out a short date night and went to see The September Issue. Now let me pause here to say that I really have no business being blue with a husband willing to go see The September Issue...no? But I digress.

Overall the movie was good, and while the dynamic between Grace and Anna stole the show, any time Sally Singer was on screen, I was giddy. I've always had a bit of a girl crush on Sally, and the movie just reinforced it. So after we got home, I had to revisit the pics of her apartment on The Selby. Sigh.

And in other news of smart, interesting, lovely people, I loved the interview with Juliette Binoche on NPR earlier this week. At first I wanted to be a bit annoyed as she's currently promoting a movie, touring in a dance performance + doing a show of her paintings and poetry,(serious overachiever) but she was just so lovely and real and humble about the whole enterprise, I walked away inspired to take more risks and not worry so much about the external response to my success (or failures.)

Plus she had a particularly brilliant closing line in the interview:

"You've Got to Be a Little Huggy With Yourself." she laughs. "Otherwise, life is too tough."

Preach it Juliette.

I think I'm going to have it printed on a t-shirt (I'm thinking it would be too long on a banner ;-)

Hope your weekend is lovely.