Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Makers


images via wunderlust

As I was leaving for work this morning, I noticed Audrey had taped a little bunting she made at school to the wall near the door. Truth be told, she’s notorious for this move. (She’s addicted to tape and uses it at every possibly opportunity to stick random ephemera to the walls -- in fact she’s so mad for the stuff, she's asked for a tape dispenser for Christmas. Seriously, who needs expensive presents? )

But back to the bunting. It was cute actually -- falling apart and totally wonky, but it made me want to hang something more permanent in that spot (something perhaps exactly like the little gold "bunting" above), as I think every once in a while you have to throw all caution and convention to the wind and hang random things in inappropriate spots in your house.

What’s happier than that…

And speaking of happy, I’m still fighting the blues, but I can report that I've put things in perspective, which is the starting point for getting out of any rut, no? So a dose of perspective, a little random bunting + the following are collectively joining forces in making me happier today.

  • Sondre Lerche on heavy rotation
  • Two consecutive days of blissful fall weather -- crisp, cool, “today I'm actually wearing a sweater” weather
  • Three new magazines arriving in the mail yesterday + two girlies that went to bed early enough last night that I actually had some time to flip through them.

It’s the small things friends.