Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Loving... Confessions Edition

Susannah Conway's gorgeous photo from Frankie magazines photo book...

Every once in a while I feel compelled to confess my secret love of pink (the last time was about a year and a half ago in case you're keeping track...) I don't know why it feels so shameful to harbor a secret adoration for the fair color, but well... it does.

I don't wear pink or use it to decorate, no, instead I fully channel my love for it through the girlies who love it in ways that I can't even begin to compete with, so they're an easy foil. I do fear that Audrey's starting to fail me a bit, as a week or so ago she declared her bedroom might be a bit...too pink. As if.

Millie on the other hand is still firmly on board...my little "Pinkalicious" (thank goodness.) Last night we went for some celebratory gelato (Audrey had a good day at school), and she insisted on a scoop of the most girlie, pepto pink flavor possible -- bubble gum (yuck.) I tried to convince her this wasn't a good idea, but she persisted and then proceeded to play with her gelato while pilfering bites of our (not as pretty but far tastier) chocolate.

So there you have it, a long intro to a whole slew of pink things I'm currently loving... Enjoy.

The cover of the new Frankie Magazine Photo Book...Can't wait to see the rest!


Dwell Studio's pink kissed pillow -- I especially love pink when it's tempered with a dark moody color... (via all modern)


Linda and Harriet's chandelier cards...


Maxine Sutton's miracle kits... I'm going to get a set of these to embroider with Audrey, so cool and clever and something she could tackle...


This groovy alternative to a mobile... (via all modern)


Fréya's lovely (and appropriate for many of my beloved) print.


And last but not least, my pink lovin' girl hanging out with Bryan's dad... Millie and her grandfather have quite a lovely relationship. It's v. sweet.