Monday, January 26, 2009

Unusual System Administrator’s Office

Crisis forces employers to save office space! This system administrator was affected most…

Thats what the creator says:

History: I have two toddlers at home and they love to jack up my stuff. During the day they are loud and I can’t get any work/play done and at night I am too loud and they can’t sleep. I have been kicking this idea around for years. Last year I sold my Jeep and built a new rig and replaced my two beloved Viewsonic 19″ CRTs. I figured this was a good time to build the pod as well. I went to the Pic-N-Pull here in Reno and nabbed a captain’s chair out of a date rape van. I used that and some milk crates to mock up how I wanted the pod laid out. Everything was built to proportions of my body. The center of the screen is at eye level. The KB/mouse shelf slides in and out for a perfect fit. The chair slides in and out as well, plus it reclines. I have 5.1 surround sound. The whole thing is made of ¾ HDF (the same stuff as speaker boxes for those in the know) and no matter how loud I get you can hardly hear anything outside the box. as would be expected you can’t keep a gaming rig in a cabinet and I installed a blower tyoe fan to cycle the air; it works very well. the bottom compartment was for a server that I had build but the 7 hard drives were too loud so I just left it empty.