Monday, January 26, 2009

The Spending Hiatus Support Group – Week Two…In the Groove

Here’s what we did in lieu of shopping this week:

A “nature walk” with the girlies…




Chalk murals on the back patio (of course there were rainbows involved...)



Plus:
  • Another yoga class (I am totally digging yoga right now...)
  • A mother/daughter double date at the movies with Audrey, Miss Aimee and her awesome five-year old daughter M...
  • Our couples book club, which included the most amazing comfort food themed meal prepared by the equally amazing Julie and Tim (beef stew, no-knead bread, salad with pomegranate vinaigrette, homemade chocolate cake…)

A smidge over two weeks in and I’m actually finding the hiatus, well…kinda easy. Sure I still see lovely things that I want (and I post about many of them, sorry...), but it’s almost a detached admiration, like say, going to the museum. I’m enamored, but I know I’m not going to purchase them, so there’s no real lusting.

It’s strangely freeing. I’m not thinking about buying anything or returning anything or feeling guilty about buying something I perhaps shouldn’t have, so there’s a lot more time for playing and reading and hanging out…and a lot less buzzing in my head.

I’m officially digging this.

And, I’m especially digging the fact that we now have 44 folks in the support group. So cool! How are all of you doing?