Friday, January 9, 2009

Should Have Read (But Didn't) Challenge

After seeing so many great challenges floating around the blog-o-sphere, I've decided to make my own challenge. A personal challenge. Keeping myself honest. Here it goes:

This challenge is to read all those books I was supposed to have read back in high school (or whenever) that I should have read but didn't. One I pretended to read (Lord Jim) while others I never finished. (I know you are shocked!! I hope my old English teacher isn't reading this.) I have all 2009 to finish this challenge.

So without much ado, the list:

1. Catch 22 - Joseph Heller

2. The Red Badge of Courage - Stephen Crane

3. 1984 - George Orwell (Finished April 15, 2009)

4. Lord Jim - Joseph Conrad

5. The Last of the Mohicans - James Fenimore Cooper

6. Tender is the Night - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bonus:

7. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte (Finished but hated so I should re-read.) (Finished February 17, 2010 and loved it!)

8. The Sun Also Rises - Ernest Hemingway (Never required but why wasn't it?)

9. Anna Karneina - Leo Tolstoy (Because I'm halfway through and need to freakin' finish it.)


***Did you ever pretend to read a book you didn't?
***Excuse the picture...the Paint program only takes you so far.