Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Breakfast Part Two (aka You Guys Rock)



Jen Causey’s perfect breakfast photos via simply breakfast...(She’s really the goddess of breakfast, no?) Buy the book here.

I LOVED reading through all your comments on the breakfast post! Seriously you guys are so amazing... You eat some pretty excellent stuff in the mornings (and some of your hubbies even make breakfast for you, which is awfully dreamy.)

Some of my faves:

  • Flora’s chocolate cake + a sweet chicory with oat milk and nut cream
  • Anne’s oatmeal with wheat berries, ground cinnamon, chopped walnuts, a drizzle of agave nectar and a small dollop of peanut butter
  • Uncle Beefy’s coffee & a cupcake
  • Sarah’s eggs & greens – “I sauté some greens with garlic or onions, or alone, season w/ salt and pepper and vinegar, and scramble or fry an egg or two!”


Now with the whole peanut butter salmonella scare,I’m just trying to figure out how to mix up my "go-to" breakfast for the mornings I drive into the office… I’m going through withdrawals here friends.

p.s. A few of you asked...The smoothie is just some fresh blueberries, a cup or so of organic vanilla yogart, a bit of orange juice (I love Odwalla), a little water, some wheat germ and a few almonds. Super simple!