Thursday, December 17, 2009

I Love Blogs...

image via happy mundane



images via poppytalk

But I miss magazines...dreadfully.

This time last year I still had my beloved Domino and Cookie and Gourmet.

True there's still Vogue and Vanity Fair and Martha, but nothing that (for me) replaces the visual inspiration that was the trifecta above.

And I had a very specific "system" for how I read them (weird I know, but hang with me here...) When I would get a new magazine in the mail, I'd immediately do a quick scan, cover-to-cover (really just a flip-through if you will) to see what was in store for the more in-depth read to come.

Then, (and only when I knew I had at least an hour of uninterrupted time, which was usually after the girlies were in bed or early in the morning) I would slowly read every page.

Every. Single. Page.

You just can't do that online... at least not in the same way, no matter how good the content (and yes, there are online magazines with stellar content like my beloved Small and the relatively new Lonny.)

So I'm pretty excited to get my hands on the new zine from the blogger behind Happy Mundane. Called At Your Leisure, it's billed by the creators as:


"An Exploration of ideas, images, concepts & colors. An homage to those that inspire and a desire to do the same. A visual train of thought. A celebration of individuals that live what they love…"


I ordered my copy today...my system awaits.