Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Dollhouse...





So I figure I owe you a few "after" shots of the dollhouse renovation, no?

Actually it was Santa's renovation -- some backstory....

A couple of Christmases ago, Audrey got an unfinished wood dollhouse for Christmas that she adored and then, well, completely lost interest in. Of late, the dollhouse became pretty much a repository for pencil graffiti and doctor's office stickers. It was in a sad state.

Cut to a few months ago when Audrey and I were running errands, and I had to literally drag her out of a kid's store, as she was completely enchanted with a groovy, modern dollhouse...going on and on about how she wished her dollhouse was as pretty as that one.

Of course I took that opportunity to remind her why her dollhouse was in complete disarray, but then I went on to make (what I thought at the time) was the most brilliant move in my parenting career (but would later realize {when I was spewing four letter words at an innocent little can of wallpaper paste with abandon} was actually the most foolish.) I suggested we box up the dollhouse, send it to the North Pole and ask Santa to renovate it for Christmas.

Let's just say it was not an easy task...even for a pro like Santa, but the looks of pure joy on the girlies faces Christmas morning made it all worth it. For sure.