Friday, September 26, 2008

Hotel Bedding Weigh In

Pottery Barn

One of my most loyal readers (YEAH my mother) came to me with a very interesting query about Hotel Bedding. Hotel bedding is usually white with thin (can be thick, too) but bold lines around the border. It is clean looking and evokes a feeling of luxury and softness. I love the clean geometric lines of it; though in my own apartment I prefer more of a quilt look as you can see below. People love this look so much that even the W Hotel now sells their bedding. While that's all well and good this reader brought up the good point that why would you want your home to look like a hotel? Shouldn't it be the other way around; that a hotel should try to emulate your home? Is it depersonalizing your own home?

Emily from Design in Motion says "
Why not feel like you're on vacation every night? Use color and textile to personalize your own boutique space."


I love my white matelasse quilt. I got a celadon green pillow sham as an accent from Pottery Barn to add some color.

Amie of Cafiero Lighting loves it too--she has Polo Hotel bedding in her own room and Restoration Hardware in her guest room.

Restoration Hardware has their own collection as well with monogramming.

Fun colored hotel bedding from Laytners.

I had the privilege of redoing a studio space for a bachelor and good friend--above is the bedding I chose for him. He says "I love hotel bedding. There is nothing better than feeling like you're in a luxurious high end hotel." Having been on many a business trip for work, he should know. What do you think? Too common now? Lap of luxury in your own home?

Alicia B.