Friday, September 26, 2008

Black & White Cookies


I had a New York City "first" today. I finally got around to having a black and white cookie. The black and white cookie (sometimes called a half-moon) is apparently a big New York snack item. I had never seen or heard of them before I moved here. The office had them for free and my co-worker was shocked that I had never had one. She said you have to bite it so you get a piece of white and dark chocolate in one bite. So viola!

My thoughts: Not bad! I had always thought they were more of a cookie substance...you know a brittle crumbly thing. Nope. It's actually a soft shortbread type...more like cake tasting really. But super rich with the white and dark chocolate.

Conclusion: Glad I tried it but too rich for my taste.

Have you ever heard of a black and white cookie and if so, have you tried it? Was it good?