Friday, September 19, 2008

Blogger's Favorites -- Simple Song

images from upper left -- cupcake from Hey Cupcake Bakery, twine via flickr, honey from Daylesford Organic, chalkboard via townmouse, letterpress notebook from Dauphine Press, calligraphy from Love Jenna, ceramic milk bottles from Alyssa Ettinger

I can honestly say that the owner of this week’s list, Suann of the immensely lovely blog Simple Song is super talented + super nice. The proof? A box of her gorgeous letterpress arrived at my house several weeks ago, just because (and I quote), “Every girl needs a little letterpress.” I wholeheartedly agree. My fellow Kirtsy editor is also a bit of a kindred spirit -- cupcakes!, chalkboards!, white ceramics! Yes please.

Herewith Suann’s favorites. Enjoy!

  1. Sweets -- I’ll never pass up a treat, especially cupcakes. I seriously love them.
  2. Chairs -- I have a thing for chairs. I especially dig this Eames rocker because of the white, metal and wood combination – one of my all-time favorites.
  3. Twine/ribbon -- Twine, ribbon, trim, cords – I have a slight obsession over it all. I’ve got more than I’ll ever use but I’ll never stop adding to my collection.
  4. Honey/jars -- I love jars - new or vintage. And put honey in a pretty jar? I’m all over it.
  5. Chalkboards -- Anyone who has followed me on Kirtsy or my blog know that I have a thing for all things chalkboard. I went through a phase where I was spraying everything around me with chalkboard paint.
  6. Notebooks/letterpress/repeating patterns -- I love, love simple repeating patterns, especially with pops of color. You’ll see that in a lot of my work and things I’m drawn to. And notebooks and letterpress? LOVE them. Can’t get enough.
  7. Calligraphy/type -- Another obsession is calligraphy and type. I’m always drawn to any designs using type, simple and sometimes a pretty script. And I have a special affinity for a really good sans serif. Right now my favorite is Futura BK BT.
  8. Fabric flowers -- Stick a fabric flower on anything and I’m sure to like it. I’ve been eyeing that J.Crew belt for ages.
  9. White ceramics -- I’m always drawn to white anything. And especially ceramics. I love the look of clean, smooth, white ceramic.