Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Going to My Happy Place


When I need something dreamy, inspiring and lovely to look at I always go to Jen’s photography. Always. It's the perfect Vegas antidote, no?

I wasn’t going to mention this, as I’m a bit in denial that it's even happening, but I’ve been in Las Vegas for the last 48 hours for a work meeting.

Yes, Las Vegas. Let’s just say I’m not so much a fan of Las Vegas …well actually I am a fan of the idea of “old school” Las Vegas …rat pack, dressy, "elegant debauchery" Vegas, but that’s not the reality of current Vegas. At all.

It goes without saying, but Vegas is not subtle in any way. And I tend to prefer subtle almost without fail. I always find the odd/pretty girl (i.e. Sofia Coppola) so much prettier that that girl from the beer commercial.

Vegas is not Sofia Coppola. It’s the beer ad girl... For sure.

The one slight consolation of being here is that there’s an Urban Outfitters in my hotel, and I can safely say it’s the cleanest, most organized, best merchandized Urban Outfitters I’ve ever seen. So while everyone else is gambling at 11:00 pm in Vegas, I’m browsing around an empty UO looking for a little token to bring home to Audrey. I ended up with a few tins of band-aids printed with unicorns and rainbows… They’re pretty awesome – and a nice alternative to the Disney princess band-aids that the child begs for every. single. time. we go to the store. Every time.