Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Morning Paper – Using the Blog as a Replacement for Therapy Edition



I love our ritual of measuring the girlies every few months and marking their heights with a little pencil line on the bathroom wall. There's a very practical (perhaps even boring) side of me that envisions looking back at that record of their childhoods 20 years from now as we're still living in our memory-filled home.

The other part of me (certainly more adventurous and completely influenced by my utterly nomadic childhood) wonders how I can take those hash marks off the wall and somehow carry them with me when we one day move to Austin, Portland, Minneapolis (or one of the other places I regularly fantasize about relocating to when the restlessness starts to kick in.)

I've bookmarked this (highly portable) chart via happy cavalier just in case...