Monday, March 30, 2009

The Spending Hiatus Support Group – Week Eleven (Food Edition)


lovely images via the jewels of ny... yet another food obsession

This week in non-spending went pretty great in that I didn’t buy anything… Well, anything except food – lots of food, which is definitely essential, no?

My lack of shopping, Molly’s book, my new found addiction to the Tamra Davis Cooking Show (this ravioli is on my to-do list next) + the lovely Jewels of NY site have come together in sort of a perfect storm that has me cooking (or thinking about cooking)… a lot.

There was a lovely date with hubby on Friday at Bolsa (so good) that had me obsessing all weekend over how to re-create the fava bean/mint puree that my scallops were swimming in, then there was the giant Mexican feast we made for two of our favorite families on Saturday (green chili chicken casserole, guacamole with feta cheese...) Sunday dinner for lovely cousin Erin and our neighbors consisted of grilled skirt steak, homemade yucca fries and more of that quacamole followed by Molly’s Winning Hearts and Minds chocolate cake with fresh whipped cream…

So no shopping, but lots of cooking and eating... I better be careful or I’ll have to shop all new clothes post-hiatus (as I won’t be able to fit into my old ones), and that would completely defeat the purpose!

How are you all doing?? It’s the home stretch.