Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Friday--because I'm back.

So, I'm back! I have lots to catch up on and over 100 posts in my Google Reader (yikes-ville) to read. Are there new trends that I've missed? Are butterflies still in? OMG so much to worry about! Here are a few pics from my awesome trip to Miami with my sister! It was warm (mid 70's) but pretty much one big wind gust the entire time. I powered through though and burned myself to a crisp and added a few more freckles. YAY.

I found this ridiculously Miami looking office building near where we were staying. Mosaic tiles meant to look like water and these cool stairs were surrounded by a moat.

This is an apartment building. Yes, it's light turquoise. EESH. I'm just going to say that I didn't LOVE the Miami architecture. I respect the art deco as a movement, but it's not my fave.

One of many shots of the beach. Here's the coast guard--swoon. Isn't the color of the water amazing? It was like that the whole time.

Yup, this huge margarita happened. Twice.

Though I'm back in frigid New York, it's a gorgeous day. Since I have the day off (because I took it off) I'm going to finally go to the Met! It's been probably 9 months since I've been there and I need some art. What are your weekend plans? I'm also going to head over to the Architectural Digest Home Design Show on the Piers tomorrow. I went two years ago and heard a talk by Vicente Wolfe! Has anybody been yet?


Alicia B.