Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Go-To" Clothes


images from the source of Audrey's very favorite clothes... Peek Aren’t You Curious

Now that Audrey is largely selecting her own ensembles, I’ve noticed the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, in that she regularity gravitates toward a particular selection of “go-to clothes.”

I’ve pretty much extolled the virtues of a "uniform" ad nauseam in this space, but if you’re new to the blog, you may not know that I too am a big fan of “go-to clothes." I wish I was as creative and daring as Whitney and could pull together a wholly unique (and completely adorable) look every single day, but I’m a creature of habit (and I’m lazy), so I inevitably gravitate toward my Paige jeans and one of five or so tunics/short dresses that I combine with a couple of layered gold necklaces and a pair of wedges… Wham, bam…done.

Based on her wardrobe choices, if I had to classify Audrey’s “look”, I’d say it’s sort of a boho Punky Brewster...My A can seriously rock some color. Her “go-to” pieces consist of a pink embroidered cotton skirt, a paisley print "apron" top (seen here), a purple ethnic print skirt (seen here) and a green Mexican dress (seen here) + lots of tights.

The common thread in all these pieces is that they came from Amy’s genius, genius kid’s shop Peek Aren’t You Curious, which Audrey and I are both totally smitten with…

So…do you have go-to clothes? What’s your version of a uniform?