Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tagged (+ An Awful Lot of References to Summer Camp)


I was tagged by the delightful Jora (and based on the tiny bit of background I can see in this photo she posted of her adorable daughter, I'm swooning over her house), so here goes.

What did you do 10 years ago?
I was living in Boulder Colorado, working for an educational software company. I was super poor...walked to work almost every day, lived in a tiny studio and subsisted on sweet corn from the farmer's market. Bryan and were newly dating and would end up moving to Texas a couple of months later. When we left Boulder it was 70 degrees and when we arrived in Texas it was 117. Sad.

Five items on your to-do list:

  1. Get new swimsuits for the girlies (they've both managed to outgrow them in the past week)
  2. Plan some fun activities for the upcoming four-day July 4th weekend
  3. Finish liming our living room walls (this is a monster project that's been on the to-do list for at least 6 months)
  4. Hang wallpaper panels
  5. Buy tickets for a family vacation to Minnesota in August


Snacks I enjoy:
I'm not a huge snacker but always have nuts, olives, dark chocolate on some (preferably stinky) cheese on hand...

What would you do if you were a billionaire?
I'd buy some land on the west coast and build an amazing summer camp focused on the arts where we would live and work. Needs-based middle and high school students could apply for tracks like cooking, music, painting or writing, and we'd have artists-in-residence who could live there for a stint in exchange for teaching a few courses during the summer. (Can you tell I've put a lot of thought into this question?)

Said camp would feel something like this...


Places I would live:
The list is longer, but my top three are Portland, Mill Valley and Austin.

Jobs I have had:
(I've had a lot of jobs...)
  1. Florist
  2. Camp counselor (and "camp craft" instructor) at an all-girls summer camp in (hot, hot) Texas
  3. Baker at a summer camp in Canada
  4. Checker at a groovy grocery store in Austin
  5. Nanny
  6. Event planner
  7. Web Producer

Ok, I'm going to tag some of my Kirtsy cohorts -- Mary Eliz, Suann, Karey, Amy, Sarah -- no pressure.