Monday, February 22, 2010

Scenes from (A Mildly Frantic) Weekend




This weekend felt full and went by fast…I woke up this morning longing for another day.

There was dinner with our dearest friends, ballet, a birthday party, a dinner date with hubby (which involved champagne and prosciutto wrapped figs stuffed with walnuts and blue cheese and), lunch with lovely cousin Erin (back from China, finally!) and an attempt to squeeze in as much Olympics viewing as humanly possible. (Seriously how amazing are the aerials?)

Whew.

We're starting to get occasional glimpses of weekend “laziness”, but it’s so fleeting that it might be better if I wasn’t even tempted by the possibility. For example, Saturday morning Audrey seemed a bit sluggish and suggested that she and I get back into my bed and, in her words, “she would just rest while I read my new magazine” (the exceptionally good March Vogue… I have multiple articles dog-eared for re-reading, but I digress.) It was gloomy outside, making her suggestion even more brilliant, so we hopped in, smoothed out the covers and clicked on the little bedside lamp. It was perfection... for a whole 7 minutes. I read a few paragraphs, she closed her eyes and feigned peaceful resting and then popped up, declared she was “bored”, and it was wheels-off for the rest of the weekend.

Hope your weekend was lovely (and mellow…I’ll just live vicariously though you.)