Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What Are You Buying For Fall?

My favorite image by far from the fall J Crew catalog…Ironically I’m not sure I’d ever wear it exactly as is, but love it nonetheless.

Being an avid list maker, I love taking pen to paper at the end of Summer and making my Fall “wish list.” This year the list is short, as after two pregnancies (and the associated aftermath), I did a major wardrobe reassessment last fall and finally acquired some jeans that fit, a few new tops, some work dresses, etc…

But never fear, there’s still a list…there’s always a list my friends.

Topping said list are a few more sweaters that I can wear both to work with a black skirt and on the weekends with jeans. I’m especially loving J Crew’s new pretty bateau and femme cashmere ones (and while we’re dreaming, I'd take both of those beaded necklaces too…)

I’m also hunting furiously for a weekend bag. I know this sounds silly, but much like Mr. Rogers switched into his comfy cardigan and loafers at the end of each day, I ritualistically switch my purse from a big, structured work tote to some sort of week-end bag at the end of each work week, and my current one is on its very. last. leg. So not unlike the great white coat quest of last fall, this is officially “the year of the weekend bag.” I’m leaning toward this Foley and Corinna number but am open to suggestions…anyone carrying a bag they absolutely love right now?


So back to my post title… I’m curious, what are you buying this fall? What’s on your list?