Friday, August 22, 2008

Blogger's Favorites – Design Crush


I seem to have a bit of list mania. It was so fun working with all those amazing ladies on the “blogger’s favorites” series that I’ve decided to make the lists a regular Friday morning feature.

First up is Kelly from Design Crush. Kelly always, always features something that I end up obsessing over for days on her witty, expertly edited blog. + (and this is a huge +) her “daily eat” feature is completely drool-worthy.

Herewith Kelly’s Favorites. Enjoy…

  1. Forget Me Knot Ring -- This is one of those things that’s been on my Wish List forever and a day, but just doesn’t seem like something you should buy yourself. It should be given to you by a best friend or special someone.
  2. Leather-bound Merriam-Webster Dictionary -- I’ve been craving this dictionary forever it seems. The leather binding makes me feel like I’ve stepped into a literature novel!
  3. Amber Alexander Blueberries Print -- Ever since I saw this print by artist Amber Alexander I’ve been obsessed. It just speaks to me - and who doesn’t love that feeling? Those are the sorts of things I want to surround myself with in my home.
  4. Double Top Bistro Table -- I’m in love with the idea of turning one of these sweet bistro tables into a foyer bar. “Welcome to my abode. Care for a cocktail?”
  5. Pegasus Kitchen Faucet with Spring Spout -- The kitchen in my house has a great double-sided stainless steel sink. With a faucet that’s so short I can barely get a saucepan under to fill with water. This faucet with spring spout has the functionality of faucet and sprayer in one.
  6. Holga Starter Kit -- I own quite a few cameras an old Minolta manual shot (my Dad’s!), a quad-shot and a sweet digital among them. But there’s just something about a camera that only has one function – no zoom, no filters – and is pure camera.
  7. French Bulldog -- Until I get a fence and a little more moola, this is about as close as I get to owning a Frenchie. But oh, how I want one!
  8. Diorshow Mascara -- The hunt for the perfect mascara – namely one that is volumizing and doesn’t clump – is a never-ending battle for this gal. I’ve heard so many good things about this one by Dior that I’m dying to try it out.
  9. Organic Cotton Pin-tuck Duvet Cover + Shams -- I love a bedroom with crisp, white linens. The pin-tucks in these duvet and sham covers give something decidedly plain that extra little kick that I look for.