Friday, August 15, 2008

Living Walls


I completed a project of a living room with a PLANT theme in my last class this summer. Through this I discovered the concept of "living walls." They are walls with plants growing directly out of them; they can be planted with different plants to make many different beautiful designs.



Manhattan's First living wall!







The facade of Pure Yoga studio on 86th street.




A close up of a section.

Since I live in nyc I found one on the glorious upper east side on 86th street on the facade of a new yoga studio. I love the concept; they look so fresh and lush. And lets face it, New York needs more plants and trees. Go green!


You can even design them yourself through this website:


Here are more...






This one has 4 sides! Different color for each side.





Under Construction (source: http://www.eltlivingwalls.com/)








A feature on them from Elle Decor (I think)



Wall Mounted plants on the smaller scale


Alicia B.