Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Minox Comfort Bridge Series



It's been a while since I've written a binocular review for my blog, so I thought I'd let all of you in on a special we're running here at Eagle Optics. We have a limited quantity of demo 8x33 #62197, 8x44 #62195, and 10x44 #62196 Minox BL/BR “Comfort Bridge” series binoculars at great value for the quality of optics you'll get. These manufacturer demo units are selling at $299.99 (new $469), $329.99 (new $489), and $339.99 (new $499) respectively.



Optically, I find this particular Minox model to be vastly superior over the new Nikon Monarch (the one with dielectric prism coatings), the Pentax SP series, and rivals even some binoculars in the $600 to $800 price range. They're fairly lightweight, rugged, waterproof & fog proof, super-smooth focus, and have a decent close-focus. On that last point, though Minox lists the 8x33 having a 8' close focus, I was able to bring it down to 5.5' during my inspection. I checked out several of these binoculars first-hand and they all appeared to be in like-new condition with no signs of wear or use. They come with the same accessories (case, strap, rainguard, tethered objective lens covers) and 30-year warranty as new ones do. Supplies are limited, so don't hesitate if you're in the market for a great birding binocular because I know these will sell quickly!

Link: 8x33

Link: 8x44

Link: 10x44