Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Alter Egos...




Despite my deep and abiding love for all things earthy/modern, incense scented, Big Sur-esque, hippie/bohemian/artsy, I have this secret fondness for, wait for it…preppy.

Now let me just say there’s nothing about me that’s preppy. There's not even a little bit of hot pink and kelly green lurking in my psyche... my childhood was all Northern California, wheat germ and Steely Dan. But I tend to think as a general rule that our alter egos are a little bit of a revolt against our upbringing, resulting (in this case) in my tendency to get all swoony over old Volvos and tennis and boarding school.

So those images above by Partners & Spade for Boast are kind of a perfect mind-meld of my reality and my alter ego…a sort of boho preppy if you will (not unlike The Royal Tenenbaums, which, it should be noted, is my favorite movie of all time.)

I mean seriously, what’s cooler than a heavily bearded tennis player?

Awesome.