Friday, January 29, 2010

Blogger's Favorites -- Samantha of style/SWOON


I’m particularly excited about this week’s blogger’s favorites, as not only is Samantha a talented graphic and interior designer (with a stunning home and amazing taste), but…she’s also a fellow Dallasite.

I love coming across other aesthetic kindred spirits on the Internet, and it’s even more fun when you can actually sit down and chat over a cup of coffee (soon!) Samantha’s blog, style/SWOON provides endless inspiration, so it’s no surprise that her favorites are lovely and soulful and a bit of a feast for the eyes…

Herewith Samantha’s list. Enjoy and have a splendid weekend!



All Things White... I can't help it. I try to fight it and I don't win. I just love it. Natural white, bright white, glossy white, distressed white, white walls, white clothes, white cars... you get the picture.


Chalkboard Paint -- I'm not sure when this obsession started... but chalkboards are now a signature thing for me in every space I do. Home, office, friends... all interiors. Can't seem to get it out of my system.


All 200 lbs of My Dogs -- From left to right, Kuma (45 lbs), Logo (17 lbs), Stella (40 lbs) and Sophie (German shepard, 100 lbs.)


My Parent’s Farm -- It's really a farmette... They moved there after I went to college. Three acres, lots of animals, lots of love.


Wine - What else is there to say on that?



Repetition -- In graphic design or in decor at home. Patterns, multiples of anything. I'm a sucker for it. Just love LOTS of just about anything...I think it's the graphic designer in me.


Vacations -- Currently enjoyed a great vacay in Park City!! Sundance 2010!


Texas -- I'm from here and I just don't see leaving. I love how everything is bigger in Texas, especially people's hearts.


My iphone -- Truly life changing. Can. Not. Live. Without. It. My husband and I talk all the time about being inundated by media and how we thrive on it.

+

Target -- Who doesn't? It's great. Clothes, toiletries, home furnishings, accessories, power tools....all in one happy little stop. I have shut down Target many nights. And PS - I feel like there needs to be a frequent buyer program here.