Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Bachelor at The Madonna Inn



Confession time: I love The Bachelor.


Please don't stop reading my blog! I love The Bachelor because of the drama, the absurdity, and the pure entertainment. It's a guilty pleasure and I have no excuse for it. I'm sure you have a show like that, right? Anyway, I know a lot of you are feeling disillusioned about this fact so let's get going on the pure entertainment for you! In the last episode, the crazy girls and the bachelor, Jake, stayed in this hotel, The Madonna Inn. I was blown away at the unique and surprising rooms. They are not your typical boutique hotel rooms, like the bachelor, they are so much more.



There is lots of talk about how crazy the bathrooms are in this hotel but very few pictures because of the fact that, well, they are bathrooms! Everything seems to be made of rock here. Showers look like rock waterfalls, too.

The lounge restaurant is full of these cushy horseshoe shaped booths in red which seems to be a color used a lot around the hotel.

This is one of my favorite rooms. I love the sleek circular staircase and the intricate strange ceiling. This room is called "Just Heaven."

Do you like fur? Well this room is for you (I'm looking at you D.). This room is called "the Caveman Room." Everything seems to be furnished in leopard fur and rocks. I wonder what it's like to actually be in this room!


Remember when I said there were lots of rocks everywhere? Yeah. Large wing chairs in the lobby seem to be dwarfed by the massive boulders. The Madonna Inn, which was founded over 45 years ago, is actually named for the owners, Alex and Phyllis Madonna.


These rooms do seem a little (a lot) kitch, but at least they stand out. Seems like the perfect spot for some drama on the Bachelor, right?



This looks like one of the quirkiest hotels I've ever seen. It's right up there with the
hotel made out of ice that I blogged on last year. Each room is some sort of fantastical world sort of like a movie set, which is perfect for California. Next time I'm in California I really must take a look at this motel. Has anybody been to it? Just so we're clear, I promise I won't talk about The Bachelor again unless it concerns interior design--unless someone wants to gossip about the latest episode!! No? Yes? ANY TAKERS??


Alicia B.