Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Little Hiatus/Detox Update (a.k.a. an account of my failings)


I'm not going to mince words friends...I am failing miserably at my August shopping hiatus. (Or as my friend Karey would say, F to the AILING.)

And I blame The Gap.

I mean a crazy adorable "American in Paris" collection for kiddos that perfectly coincides with Audrey's French themed birthday party. Really Gap? Really? How am I supposed to have will-power in the face of this.

I am weak. (Don't ask what I was doing in the Gap in the first place...)


But wait, there's more. While I was failing (miserably), I thought why not go down in a blaze of glory and purchased the dress above too, reasoning that I would of course need something new for the Little Bean party next week. Oh and I also bought a CHAKRA dress for Audrey, but mainly because I wanted to wear it as a top (more on that tomorrow).

So, yes, spending hiatus has somehow morphed into mini-bacchanal.

But (and you know I have to include this to show that all is not lost) sugar/alcohol detox, a smashing success. 25 days in and I'm still going strong. There was that giant bar of Toblerone that I inhaled on the flight home from Germany, but I'm counting that as pure sustenance, as I hadn't eaten in eight hours, and it was the only available food-stuff. I didn't even enjoy it. I swear.