Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mom Shoes...


These boots are not fierce, or killer or insanely cool…

If I saw someone on the street wearing them, I would not ogle or stop them to gush (I do this a lot) and then proceed to covet them the rest of the day. They are not those kind of boots.

But I bought them.

As someone who doesn’t even own a pair of tennis shoes (much to my hubby’s dismay) comfortable shoes are never at the top of my priority list. I like heels, wedges…things that make me feel tall and kinda glam. But my reality and my shoes are not matching up lately. I walk or ride my bike to pick up Audrey from school; we go to fall carnivals and birthday parties and pumpkin festivals.

I need comfortable shoes friends.

And I have to say what the boots lack in “cool” they make up for in being amazingly, ridiculously comfortable and cozy and seemingly indestructible (suede on top with some sort of crazy durable heel and a little tread on the bottom.) I tuck my jeans into them, throw on a t-shirt or a dress (over my jeans of course) and go.

My hubby is proud.