Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Christmas Menu…Decided

Image via gourmet (Don't worry! We’re not eating reindeer.)

So after much meal planning drama (and all your amazing suggestions), we’ve decided to go with Thanksgiving redux for our Christmas day meal. I was pushing to do something different, but in the end I was overruled by my family (Audrey insisted on turkey, my dad, who hails from Louisiana, is making rice dressing, Bryan’s folks want ham and truth be told I really, really want cranberries.) So we’ll go with the traditional “Thanksgiving” meal + the rice dressing on Christmas day.

Another image via the amazing Roland Bello.

On Christmas Eve, we’ll do something a little different:
  • Hearts of palm salad with candied walnuts and gorgonzola (this recipe is pretty amazing, let me know if you’d like me to share.)
  • Chicken and mushroom risotto
  • Chocolate pots of crème (this recipe is my favorite...)
  • And of course lots of champagne!

p.s. -- I noticed in the latest Goop newsletter that Gwyneth makes the Thanksgiving meal on Christmas, and somehow this made me feel better… How sad is that?? Perhaps I should start a new regular post called "What Would Gwyneth Do" (WWGD.)