Friday, January 25, 2008

Then vs. Now

Image via 3191

I'm totally transfixed by this photo from 3191's Year of Evenings blog. Maybe it's because pre-kiddos my evenings involved some combination of the subject matter. Oh yes, there was wine and dark chocolate and baths...often all three at once. But I know my day will come again, and then, while I'm gulping down red wine in the bath, I'll just be longing for the baby-years -- you know the simple pleasures like wrestling two wet seals during their bath while singing endless off-key renditions of "twinkle star" (as Audrey has renamed it.)

On the upside, Bryan and I are staying true to our resolve and have a date on Saturday. There will be no new shoes involved, but it's a real-life, grown-up date nonetheless.

P.S. If you have a sec, check out the excellent interview with Stephanie Congdon Barnes over on sfgirl...she's one half of the brilliant 3191 duo. When asked by Victoria, "who do you admire and why?", she responded, "I admire people that live simply and intentionally."

I just love that.