Thursday, January 17, 2008

A New Obsession and An Update*

I realize that these shoes fall into that particular category that I seem inexplicably drawn to...you know, the one that refuses to consider practicality at all, the very same one that lead me on the "great white coat quest of fall 07" despite the fact that I have a baby who's apparently vying to be some sort of world record holder in spitting up and a four-year old who loves pomegranate juice more than almost anything else in the free world.

But I just can't help it...these little obsessions fuel my belief that there's a part of me that's still free-wheeling and pulled together and just a teensy, tiny bit glam.

For me, these shoes represent going out, you know "date night" (which sadly we really never do.) They aren't work appropriate or practical for week-end errand running, play date attending, etc... which makes them all the more perfect for a totally grown-up dinner out with Bryan at a restaurant that doesn't have highchairs, crayons or any other hallmarks of kid-friendliness.

I will probably never actually purchase these lovelies, but in the spirit of our renewed commitment to date night in 2008, I've hung a picture of them on my inspiration board... It's the next best thing I suppose.

*And now for the update
I did end up getting a white coat. I came across this number majorly on sale before the holidays and snapped it up for the pretty printed lining and groovy big buttons. It was the best of both worlds, with some of the quality and styling of this one but a price much closer to this one.

And I am proud to say it has stayed (relatively) clean. So far...