Thursday, January 31, 2008

Appreciation

A photo that "makes my day" via Lush Bella

Reading your well-wishes was a concrete reminder of why I enjoy blogging -- It's just lovely to be a part of this shared sense of encouragement that's swirling around out there. As we sometime slog, sometimes sail through our daily lives, I'm inspired by the notion that a whole slew of folks (most of whom you don't know personally but are linked to through shared experiences, interests, etc...) are in your corner, rooting you on.

Not to sound overly-sentimental, but it helps reinforce my belief in the innate goodness of people. So there you have it. Thanks.

And on the topic of thanks, the kind and supremely talented Pia Jane so sweetly awarded me with a "You Make My Day" award, which really, well... made my day. So now I am to pass this award onto 5 blogs that make me smile.

This really only presents a challenge in picking only five, but here goes:
  • Pia Jane for her infinite talent + the fact that she's one of the nicest bloggers ever
  • Ali at Ali Loves Curtis for her infinite optimism and mad photography skills
  • Karey at Mackin Ink for her lovely tales of life with three daughters
  • Melissa and Lynne at Sugar City Journal for inspiring me daily to be more creative
  • Michelle at Aramas Design for her incredible taste

And I know this is cheating a bit, but I'm also picking Jane, Erin, Ann, Kim and Jodi who "make my day" both inside and outside this little blog world...

Now here's how the award, started by the clever and kind Mary-Laure, works:

  1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make me think and/or make my day.
  2. Acknowledge the post of the award giver.
  3. Tell the award winners that they have won by commenting on their blogs with the news.