Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Austin Love, An Utterly Beautiful Blog, Potholders and A Little Profile (AKA Some Random Bits...)


images via The Hotel San Jose



I have been seriously hankering for a little jaunt down to Austin with Bryan and the girlies of late...just a change of scenery, a couple of nights at The Hotel San Jose, sangria on their stellar patio. Heck it's been so warm the past couple of days (78 today!) a quick dip in the little pool *might* even be possible.

And my longing for an Austin fix is only increased by the fact that there's so much good stuff going on down there. First there was Miss Natalie's Canoe pop-up shop (so sad that we missed it) and next weekend, the lovely Abby is curating a pop-up event featuring local artists and artisans at West Elm (which I'm also going to miss...it's just not my month).

Man I love Austin...just so much goodness.



I'm also feeling all kinds of love for a dear friend's new blog venture, Paper Weight. It is beautiful and smart. You have to check it out...



potholder by Stacie Pighin

Ok
, a couple more (this is a random post today friends, my apologies)... The lovely ladies at Prudent Baby asked me to be a judge in their very fun "Sewing Machine Double Down" contest. Christine and I were chatting yesterday about pouring through all those fantastic potholders (she was a judge too), and she noted that it made her want to start making potholders.

Me on the other hand, well it just made me want to *use* potholders (i.e. eat)...but then again, I don't really possess Christine's sewing prowess. So there's that.



And finally, a little interview over on AOL City's Best today where I share a few of my favorite spots in Dallas...It's always fun to think about what you love best about your town, don't you think?