Monday, January 31, 2011

Some Scenes From The Weekend...



pots in the window by my friend (the amazing potter) jonathan cross...



So I think we're finally getting the hang of this "lazy weekend" thing.

After several weeks of fewer plans and the abolishment of back-to-back commitments, the thing I had hoped would happen has happened... Our creative juices are flowing.

It's amazing what can surface after allowing yourself some empty space to meander in for a while. You feel refreshed, inspired (or at least I do). Sure we did plenty of futzing around (it was a blissful 70 degrees for most of the weekend, so we had to loll around outside a bit), but we also spontaneously made a super deluxe "taco bar" for lunch (when normally weekend lunches are hastily put together sandwiches) complete with flank steak, sauteed onions, fresh cilantro and blue cheese, thrifted with lovely cousin Erin, read, worked on the living room "refresh" and were inspired to eat chocolate chip pancakes for dinner. I also started really thinking through a couple of projects I want to put more time into this year...reasoning through them and planning in a way that wouldn't have been possible during one of our previously typical jam-packed weekends.

Now here's the only downside of the new approach -- I'm now getting the Monday blues. Bad. Before, the weekends were so busy that Monday was a bit of a respite...I looked forward to it. But now I'm transported back to junior high, all depressed and melancholy on Sunday night.

It's a small price to pay I suppose. Hope your weekend was splendid!




some fruits of our thrifiting...a groovy "candelabra" and an etching from the 1930s...