Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Winter Warmth Inspiration

Red is everywhere in this living room from H&G.

Since the weather has turned cold (especially if you're in Chicago right now as I am), I've been very much inspired by warm cozy fall colored interiors. Plaids, reds, oranges, and mustard yellows have been making me feel very warm though I am shivering at the thought of going outside. Snuggle in and enjoy!

Nothing says warmth like animal prints (and fur). I love the feeling of enclosure in this room--time to settle in with my favorite design books and shelter mags...

The fire is lit and those two chairs look ready for some action. I love the rusty red of that rug with the woods in the room. By Eldon Wong.


I always equate Amanda Nisbet with bright and poppy colors and while this is still bright and poppy it feels warm and cozy. Her attention to little details like the backing of that slipper chair are genius.

I KNOW this is no NOT me, because let's be honest, it's all neutrals. Fur is practically my middle name though and I have a weakness for modern art like the painting over the long sofa. By Pamplemousse Design.

Summer Thornton, a Chicago Designer, adds a stunning blue and green tartan plaid to the dining arm chairs at either end of the table. All you need is the turkey and stuffing (and cranberries, mashed potatoes, more stuffing, and yams!).

You must take a look at Oscar de La Renta's fall fur runway collection. It's so gorgeous. I loved the purple paired with the salmony orange and the delicious fur.

Alessandra Branca is another Chicago designer (what an odd coincidence that I keep picking them while I'm here)! Gorgeous table setting and warm rusty red walls with a pop of geometric Greek Key pattern on the drapery. I might visit her store today!

I hope these have gotten you inspired too! As much as I would love to stay inside my sister's warm apartment today, I must attend to some Christmas shopping (Branca). Other small changes to make your home feel more cozy are tartan throw blankets on your sofas, fall/winter inspired table cloths, warm candles around a room, or changing the lampshade to a soft brown instead of a crisp white color. Have you done anything else to channel winter warmth?

Alicia B.