Friday, November 19, 2010

Newport Highlights

I promised you last week that I'd show you some of my fave pics from our adventure in Newport so here are some! I can't believe its been a week already--this week has flown by, right?? Newport and the drive up had some of the most beautiful foliage I have seen all season. The leaf on the dashboard is one that we picked up. I'm the kind of person that pics up leaves, rocks and shells when I go places.

I fell COMPLETELY in love with this little house with a yellow door. It was built in the 1700s and was SO precious. I plan on moving into it in the next few years.

This house is right next door to it and also SUPER cute although it was larger and didn't have a yellow door. Oh well, you win some and you lose some, right?

All the big manses (mansions) had amazing rought-iron gates. I believe this one is at The Elms.

This is the gate (one of a few) that lets you into the Breakers!

Along the harbour there were the cutest shops and restaurants. Don't hate me but I'm not a chocolate lover, though I liked how they were making it in the front window. Very charming.

I may or may not have taken about 1000 picture of boats but I love boats and there were lots of beautiful sailboats sitting in the harbour. Plus there was coast guard station right there!

If you've never been to Newport I HIGHLY recommend it. I had been one other time (besides when I grew up in The Breakers) with my family but that was a long time ago. It was nice to see it in full Autumn bloom with all the leaves turning too. It makes me love New England even more.

Alicia B.