Thursday, April 29, 2010

Just A Few Random Bits...

image via garance dore


And these are indeed random, so you'll have to hang with me here friends ;-)

First up, jeans. Or more specifically the fact that I've recently taken to lopping off the bottom of my jeans with dull scissors.

It all started with a brand new pair of jeans and a bad hem job. In an act of sheer desperation, I tried to "repair" said jeans and have since been walking around town donning skinny jeans that look as if a crazy lady lopped off the bottom of them with dull scissors (which is, as noted above, exactly the case.)

Then I read/saw this and felt better.

So there's that.


Then there's this NYT article... It's been oft-blogged, so I know you've probably already seen it, but I had to mention it too, specifically because of this passage:

"Ms. Brechbuehler, who is Swiss, added: “In Switzerland, if you buy a pair of shoes, you’ll have them for 10 years. They have a different attitude toward consuming, and I think Robert and his family do, too.”

Which pretty much sums up (at least for me) an ideal mindset about consumption...


image via we are all homeless

And finally, there's this v. cool video shot by my friend Ben of a demonstration held here in Dallas to raise awareness about homelessness. The video is fantastic, and the group is especially fantastic. Take a peek.


image via wide open spaces

And speaking of homelessness, I've had Emily's genius idea bookmarked forever. I'm not sure why I haven't done this yet. It's officially moving to the tippy top of my to-do list...