Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Team Cooking...



images via the selby

I love these images of photographer Dan Martensen and his girlfriend Shannan Click’s home over on The Selby, especially the shots of the two of them in the kitchen together...

I am a lone baker. It’s therapeutic. One of my favorite parts of the book Alice Waters and Chez Panisse was the description of the restaurant’s first pastry chef (and partner), Lindsey Shere, creating all of the desserts in a little shed behind the restaurant. Right before dinner she would run her creations across a path to the restaurant, sometimes under an umbrella in the pouring rain… I love that image. Total bliss that job, no?

But when I cook a meal, I love nothing more than the camaraderie and mild chaos of cooking with a few other people. I can’t wait to spend Thursday in the kitchen with my family turning out a huge meal.

Total bliss that job too…