Monday, November 23, 2009

Scenes from The Week-End

a little gift for my friend Cindy adorned with one of Suann's most excellent pencils...

The weekend was busy and lovely and full of fun activities...a friend's birthday lunch, late night with the girlies at the Dallas Museum of Art on Friday, preparations for Thanksgiving (we're hosting the big day for the very first time... my family + several dear friends are coming, so I'm in the thick of planning the menu, scheming the table decorations, washing the wine glasses...) And sweet hubby is working away on the table -- it's so close, and I can honestly say it's turning out even more fantastic than I imagined.




And then of course there was the Kirtsy Book Party on Saturday... So much goodness -- some evidence below (+ more here.)



The brains behind the book -- the utterly amazing Laura Mayes...

loved meeting sweet molly from my favorite things (+ her lovely friend Stephanie...)


All in all, it would have been a pretty much perfect weekend if not for the family photos we decided to have taken bright and early Sunday... Bad idea. What is it with taking a family photo to bring out the absolute worst, most anal, stressed out, Meanie McMeanerson part of me?

Does this happen to you?

p.s. don't forget the Satsuma Press giveaway!