Friday, May 22, 2009

Museum of Natural History

A few weeks ago, when my mother in-law was in town, I took the day off to go to a few museums with her. She wanted a New York bagel so we grabbed a couple of bagels to go and sat in Central Park and ate our breakfast. It was a beautiful day after a week of tons of rain. Here's the view from where we sat to enjoy our breakfast:
We saw the Metropolitan Museum of Art first...and I didn't take pictures. I know I know. But she LOVED seeing all the European jewelry and crafts. So gorgeous. I swear every time I go to the Met I end up seeing something new.

Then we went to the American Museum of Natural History. (I always thought it was called the Natural History Museum...now I know better.) I had never been so I was pretty excited.
My husband, after a grueling day of work, got to meet us there and explore. I have to say my favorite part was the floor with the dinosaur bones.

I love the bones on this one. Crazily intricate.
I did get to snag one photo of them...they both don't like being in pictures:
But then I started looking at some of the dinosaur faces and I just started cracking up.

Like this one...SCARY!!! AHAHAHHA.
This one's actually pretty scary too...if he wasn't hovering above my head:
And this one:Look at his face. It's like he's waving at you and saying "hi!". I kind of just want to hug him:Finally, this one. Ok. He's just so cute.The other area that was pretty cool was the Ocean section. I love this huge whale:The exhibits in this room were really cool. Loved it. I would have taken more photos but the museum was starting to close. I definitely want to go back.

Hope you enjoyed the Natural History Museum!