Friday, May 22, 2009

Blogger's Favorites -- Jora of Domestic Reflections

image by 2 or 3 things via Domestic Reflections

Ok... no holding back here, I have a serious blogger crush on Jora. Not only is her blog Domestic Reflections smart, well written, lovely, etc, etc... but the lady has great taste, is a killer cook, has a stunning home, adorable children and a rockin garden + she raises chickens...oh and she's super chic too.

So of course you'll love her list...so without further ado, herewith Jora's favorites.

Have a lovely weekend...(hope you're doing something fun for Memorial Day -- I think mine will include Jora's Lillet cocktail.)

Gaggia Classic -- I’ve started my day with an espresso from this machine for years now. It is simply the best. When my husband and I go on vacation, we joke that we can’t wait to get home to the Gaggia!


Gold Shoes/Sandals -- Do not, I repeat do not, underestimate the power of a pair of gold shoes, whether they be ballet flats, sexy strappy heels, or my personal favorite, flat sandals. They can transform a ho-hum outfit (e.g. jeans and a tank or simple cotton sundress) into something sophisticated and date night worthy.


Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer -- What can I say? Nothing feels or works better on my skin. Plus it’s SPF 20, without that goopy sunscreen feeling.


The Maxi Dress -- This is my go-to outfit for everything from dinner parties to afternoons at the pool. For almost five years now I’ve been pregnant or breastfeeding, so I guess you can say my body has been through a lot of changes! A great maxi dress makes me feel good no matter what the circumstances. (photo via shopbop)


Lillet Blanc -- I love this French Aperitif….it’s light, refreshing, slightly sweet and always hits the spot. I like to serve it best on the rocks with a splash of soda and a slice of orange.


Garden Fresh Fruits and Vegetable -- raise them yourself, go to the farmer’s market or raid someone else’s garden. It truly makes all the difference in the world for flavor and health. It makes cooking more fun too.


All Things Italy -- I love to travel -- period. But I have been obsessed with Italy for as long as I can remember. Luckily, my husband has the same fetish, so he understands. There is something magical about the people, geography, history, lifestyle, food (I could go on and on) that just makes me feel like home. (photo courtesy tony helsloot)


Gourmet Magazine -- Like most women I know, I love to read magazines. Gourmet has been on my must-renew-every-year list for a long time now. Most people think it is just about food, but the tagline is “The Magazine of Good Living” and that is how I see it. Travel, art, literature, food, life – it all ties together and Gourmet is all over it. I started collecting old copies and have a (partial) collection dating back to 1963. The magazine is so well-done that 30 year old issues feel just as relevant and inspiring as something put out today. (photo courtesy lovegrove & repucci)


Jo Malone Orange Blossom Fragrance -- My favorite scent in the world is orange blossoms and this is the only fragrance I know that smells just like the real thing.


Duralex Picardie Glasses -- I have many “favorites” in the kitchen (I love to cook and entertain), and these glasses would be at the top of that list. They are simple, beautiful, affordable and functional. It doesn’t hurt that they are what is used in cafes all over France! You can serve an espresso in them, some wine, a cocktail or anything in between. It all works. They stopped making them a couple of years back (after being in production for like 100 years), but thankfully, they are back. Stock up until they change their minds again!