Friday, October 24, 2008

Brooklyn Bridge Walk

It's definitely Friday and I'm definitely not wanting to be at work right now. So I'll do a little more reminiscing about my first trip to New York City. Click here for another post from that trip. I was reminded by Click. The Good News about the fun experience of walking over the Brooklyn Bridge. We were staying at a hotel in Brooklyn and decided to walk to Manhattan Island instead of taking the subway.

Here's the start of the walk/bike lanes:I like the flag on the bridge...very patriotic:

And there are a lot of New York City sites you can see from the bridge, like the Empire State Building:The Manhattan Bridge:
The Statue of Liberty:For some reason I thought the Statue of Liberty would be bigger...and more isolated. It's kind of surrounded by industry.

I also liked the way the suspension wires look in the photo (yes, that's my husband in white taking a picture of me taking a picture...we're dorky like that):And finally the walk ends on Manhattan Island near the Woolworth Building:
Hope you enjoyed the short walk!