Wednesday, October 29, 2008

# 3... Crossed Off the List



I now officially have business cards unrelated to my actual job.

I ended up getting very simple letterpress ones from Mandate Press (check out Stephanie's great discount on Mandate Press business cards) and am thrilled with how they turned out...

As I’m slogging away at the list, I thought it would be fun to show what I've been able to cross off so far. There’s still so much to do and I have just over a month left. Yikes!

How are you doing on your lists?

34 Things I Want to Do Before I'm 35
  1. Take a cooking class at Central Market
  2. Make a chocolate cake from scratch
  3. Get business cards unrelated to my actual job
  4. Buy conversational French CDs
  5. Listen to said CDs on my work commute
  6. Go on a “dressy date” with Bryan
  7. Make “no knead” bread
  8. Make Lynne’s Sugar Loom
  9. Completely clean out my closet
  10. Put anything I haven’t worn in a year on eBay (see above)
  11. Take Audrey to see the nutcracker
  12. Take a bikram yoga class
  13. Buy bikes
  14. Go on a Sunday family bike ride (see above)
  15. Go on a family picnic
  16. Take Audrey to lunch at the Neiman Marcus Mermaid Bar
  17. Take the girls to the library
  18. Go the pumpkin patch at the arboretum
  19. Make a piece of art
  20. Print photos from this year + put in an album
  21. Take girls to the Dallas Museum of Art
  22. Pretty up my office – hang wallpaper, get new desk drawer knobs
  23. Perfect a pancake mix, make a big batch
  24. Take a half day and sneak off to the movies alone
  25. Make a diorama
  26. Get personalized stationary for the girls' thank you notes
  27. Master homemade lasagna
  28. Make a Blurb book
  29. Redo my inspiration board
  30. Get fresh flowers once a week
  31. Send three friends a gift for no reason
  32. Take Millie to hear live music
  33. Roast a chicken
  34. Take the girls on a surprise overnight trip
  35. Make a plan to simplify and really enjoy the holidays…and stick to it