Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pace



Since it doesn't look like we're going to see the sun again until Monday, I thought I'd post the last photograph I took when there was sunlight, even though it isn't of a bird. It rained all day today, but I still stopped by the Pheasant Branch stream corridor on my way home from work today - the crossings were completely flooded. Birding in the rain can be fun in May, but not when there's still ample chill to the air. These days I enjoy nature photography at a more relaxed pace. Still, when the weather is lousy for several days on end, I feel a slight sense of lost opportunity mixed with an impending time crunch. Most songbirds will be on territory by June, which presently leaves me with about a month and a half of digiscoping birds during migration. Whatever photographs I come away with will be proportional to the effort I give it. I know what that takes and thinking about it already makes me tired! Perhaps this helps explain why I haven't been doing as much digiscoping the past few years.

© 2008 Mike McDowell