Thursday, July 22, 2010

An Outfit (Deconstructed) ... Date Night Edition

For the big date night with hubby last Friday, I pulled a Jenna Lyons and planned my outfit around my shoes...(Albeit I didn't let the girlies pick them out, but still.)

In fact I was so smitten with the shoes that the rest of the get-up was honestly a bit of an afterthought...

I ended up wearing a black dress that I scored on Gilt that had big fluttery sleeves, which gave it a sort of Studio 54/70's vibe. I felt between the sleeves and the shoes there was a lot happening, so I just added on a simple necklace and bracelet...

Pretty low-key and comfortable overall, but still a little festive. Which is really the best possible combination, no?




The Details:

  • Dress -- Love Sam (scored on Gilt)
  • Shoes -- Pollini (on sale from 4510 and similar to these and these)
  • Necklace (same one that I broke and then knotted up from last week) -- Martin + Osa
  • Bracelets -- F is for Frank bangle
  • Clutch -- Marc by Marc Jacobs