Friday, July 31, 2009

Treats from Holland

Bryan was gone for most of the week on a business trip in The Netherlands, which:
  1. Made me incredibly, incredibly grateful for my husband -- I'm pretty quick to admit what a great husband, dad, partner Bryan is, but there's nothing like going it alone for a few days to raise that appreciation to new heights...

  2. Gave me a renewed awe for single parents (speaking of going it alone...) I mean seriously, how does anyone do this business of parenting alone. Heroes.

  3. Made me a smidge jealous that the most basic things like wrapping every. single. purchase. at the local toy store and the packaging on a little box of mints from the corner market are just so much cooler in Europe. I love the idea of making the smallest things feel special. Special should be for everyday, no?

So now that hubby is home, we're gearing up for a weekend of fun -- trying out a new pizza place tonight and heading to First Saturdays at the Nasher tomorrow morning...and just generally trying to make everything feel special ;-)

What fun things do you have planned?