Friday, April 24, 2009

Blogger's Favorites -- Rachel of Heart of Light

lovely image via Rachel (of course)

Rachel is one of my favorite, favorite bloggers. She's soulful, witty, insanely creative (truth be told, I'm a smidge jealous of her creativity.) She makes crafts that don't feel crafty, cooks lovely meals, takes gorgeous photos, is a prolific gardener... Pretty brilliant gal, no?

Herewith Rachels favorites... Enjoy! (I know you will.)


bloggers- favorites - heart of light-
{all images from manufacturers, except for the lovely dansk image,which is from flickr user
oliver.tomas' photostream}

I'm so excited to be here on Joslyn's lovely blog, participating in this fun series.When I first tried to list my favorites I ended up with about a million things, so I decided to narrow it down to actual objects that I use and love every single day. That made it a little bit easier.


Tea - I drink an unreal amount of tea every day and Harney & Sons is one of my favorites. Since discovering the joy of electric kettles (no chance of forgetting it on the stove and burning the house down!) I've never looked back. I own this Cuisinart kettle and I love it.


Simple beauty supplies
- I am a pale, dry skinned girl and I don't like spending too much time on my face. I haven't suffered from a sunburned nose since I started using Neutrogena Healthy Defense lotion every day, and it's great for gentle skin. Blush is basically the only makeup I wear daily, and Benetint is still my fave. Blistex DCT is an addiction for all the women in my family (maybe it's genetic?). I panic if I don't have some with me at all times.


Reuseable bags
- I haven't used a plastic bag since I found Baggu a few years ago. I keep at least three in my purse at all times (easy, because they fold up tiny) and use them everywhere, including clothing stores.


My camera - My Nikon D40 is one of the best investments I've ever made. I take photos every single day and I feel like I see the world and all the little bits of accidental beauty more clearly than ever.


Kitchenwares - I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so I like everything to be beautiful and highly functional. I collect Dansk Kobenstyle pieces and they are hung on the main wall of my living room. This way I get to admire them even when they aren't in use. My Kitchenaid food processor is my favorite piece of modern technology and I use it all the time - completely worth the expense. I have a little collection of cake stands and I always keep a few of them on the dining room table with a rotating display of lovely things.