Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm on the cupcake budget...

In one of my recent daily emails from Martha Stewart (not personally BUT STILL), she says, "Who says happiness has to cost a fortune?" This is so true, Martha! In recent months I've been cutting back a lot, making a lot of my own things, DIY-ing, and it's been quite fun. I even made Valentine's Day Dinner myself and had a super fun slash romantic time! Uncomfortably enough for me, (especially since my mother gave me a book called "Budget: It's Not a Four Letter Word"), I seem to have a bit more extra cash floating around. I had an amazing budget breakthrough a few weeks ago, when I realized that the best way to save money is to NOT buy something from Banana Republic every single day on your lunch break. Interesting...



Anyway, in Martha's newsletter there is a recipe for 40 different cupcakes! With all the ingredients, they are probably $15 to make, and when you buy a cupcake anywhere in NYC they're usually about $4-5 each. That's money in your pocket and tasty-ness in your mouth! Here is the cupcake I'll be making this weekend (above)! HERE is the recipe. What are you all up to this weekend?


Alicia B.